glug-nith-discuss

Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Playing your music on Fedora Core 6 i386.

From: sagar sk
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Playing your music on Fedora Core 6 i386.
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 21:32:19 +0530

On 14/04/07, Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray <address@hidden> wrote:
I have seen a few queries regarding playing MP3s on Fedora Core 6 i386
on this mailing list and the IRC channel too. So let just list the
steps involved in getting your music to play:

1. Make sure you have a GStreamer based music player. eg., Totem,
Rhythmbox, Banshee, Exaile, etc.. I prefer Exaile personally. To
install Exaile just do:
# yum -y install exaile gtkhtml

If you are using the mirrored repositories from
http://fedora.glug-nith.org/ this will not take much time.

2. Once you have a music player, you need to install the necessary
GStreamer plugins:
# yum -y install gstreamer*

Again, if you are using the mirrored repositories from
http://fedora.glug-nith.org/ this will not take much time.

3. Finally download all the RPMs listed in
http://glug-nith.org/~rishi/download/gstreamer/ and install them
using:
# rpm -Uvh gstreamer*.rpm

Now you can expect your songs to be audible.

Problem with MP3s is that being a patented format it can not be
supported in a free operating system, nor can it be present in the
official repositories. So, if you have the option between chosing Ogg
Vorbis and MP3 in future make sure you choose Ogg Vorbis since that
would play by default on Fedora.

Let me know if you have problems using these 3 steps.

I have send the problems,till now have not got any,ans back,please do
try helpin me,or what should i have to do tell even that :-I