glug-nith-discuss

Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] FC 6 DVD ISO

From: Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] FC 6 DVD ISO
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 09:18:48 +0530

Well I downloaded the ISO from the same link and even after downloading it
from two downloaders it came out to be the same 1.41 GB (1,520,924,340
bytes) but on extracting it, it extracts itself to 3,523,006,047 bytes of
data.

I just rechecked both the Fedora Core 6 DVD isos for i386 and x86_64
available on ftp://glug-nith.org/isos/fedora/zod. The i386 version is
3.3 GB and the x86_64 version is 3.9 GB and their SHA1SUMs are also
matching with ones on the public Fedora mirrors. So there is nothing
wrong with the ISOs.

Which downloader did you use? Some downloaders have dificulty handling
big DVD isos. I would suggest you use Wget to download them.

So should I burn this 3.5GB of data to a DVD and try installing Fedora ?

I do not know. Try to check the SHA1SUM of this image and use it only
if it matches with the one given on the FTP site.

Cheers,
Debarshi
--
GPG key ID: 63D4A5A7