glug-nith-discuss

Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] FC 7 Installation....

From: Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] FC 7 Installation....
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 23:31:48 +0530

First of all it is now Fedora 7. There is no more 'Core' in it. :-)

I just wanted to know if FC 7 supports mounting NTFS drives by itself...

Yes it does. You should have ntfs-3g on your system for this to work.
(yum install ntfs-3g) After that have a look at: man ntfs-3g, and you
will understand the rest.

And also if we have a FAT32 drive which contains data then.....during
installation  if we have to mount it then it doesn't need to be emptied
...isn't it??? I mean we can mount a drive containing some data...

Yes. Just remember not to select the 'format this partition' option.

Good luck,
Debarshi
--
GPG key ID: 63D4A5A7