glug-nith-discuss

Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Regarding latest status on Software Freedom Day

From: sagar sk
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Regarding latest status on Software Freedom Day in College
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 23:37:32 +0530

> 3. The workshops that we are planning will consist of hands on session as well
> with a competion based on what we have taught. Since the money(if provided) is
> being done through TEQIP and Director Sir has reservations on cash awards so
> we will be giving prizes in the following order.
> 1st prize  - USB stick + 1 book
> 2nd prize  - 2 books
> 3rd prize  - 1 book.

> If anyone has any better suggestions please feel free to post in and please
> suggest books also(preferably within Rs 250)

well, if guess its better to give some tecnical books then giving some
novels, may be like C or book on Python.

> 4. We will be getting 2 flux banners made and also first round of notices will
> be put up in the campus tomorrow. The 2nd round will be done next week.
>
> 5. We are planning on providing refreshments on that day. Any suggestions on
> it
> are welcome too. :)
Make sure that this is in the end for a surprise, and not an
advertisement for people.
> 6. We are also planning to give souvenirs.

well, along with souvenirs provide a pen too, if possible something
written on it like "SFD07".

> If we are missing out on any aspect please remind me
 Do we have to give anything to the Faculties who are helping us? like
a momento or some books?