gluster-devel

[Gluster-devel] Potential Memory Leak?

From: Karl Bernard
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Potential Memory Leak?
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 19:46:44 -0400

Hello,

I've been testing luster in a development environment with 4 servers acting as both client and servers.

In the last 2 days, I've run maintenance script that perform a lot of read and write operations.

I've noticed that the glusterfsd was using 57mb of memory when initially started and the memory usage grew to using 85% of server memory on one of the host:

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND 23219 root 17 0 1027m 861m 756 D 2 85.3 315:29.43 glusterfsd

I also saw the performance slowly degrade and saw a huge jump in speed after I restarted the deamon on all the bricks.

I'm unsure what to monitor to help debug the potential problem. Is there something I can do to help improve gluster and fix that problem?

Karl