gluster-devel

Re: Fwd: [Gluster-devel] proposals to afr

From: Alexey Filin
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Gluster-devel] proposals to afr
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 21:34:08 +0400

On 10/25/07, Krishna Srinivas <address@hidden> wrote:

> So during open(), if version is same if the trusted_afr_open is set
> and file is not open, then it needs repair. As of now I dont see any
> problem with this algorithm but need to assess how complicated
> it is to implement it. Because the more we do state maintenance,
> the more the race conditions we will have to handle (that is a very
> general statement though)

I propose to use the algo with implemented one checking file mtime and size.
The new algo helps to detect inconsistency when sizes are equal and mtimes
differ slightly but contents differs (can happen when application didn't
change size, instead it changed some bytes before crash), the old one helps
to detect inconsistency when admin placed on childs different files with the
same full name (the flag is not set).

Will keep you guys informed regarding this.

thanx, Alexey.

Thanks