gluster-devel

[Gluster-devel] Building RPMs for OpenSuSE 10.3 for TLA version of Glust

From: Paolo Agazzone
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Building RPMs for OpenSuSE 10.3 for TLA version of GlusterFS
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:18:14 +0100

Hello all,

To make OpenSuSE 10.3 rpms I did the following:

$ tla get -A address@hidden glusterfs--mainline--2.5 glusterfs-1.3.8
$ cd glusterfs-1.3.8
$ ./autogen.sh
$ cd ..

I had to make an extra file to be able to make /etc/init.d/ scripts and links
in the OpenSuSE style, and copy it in the glusterfs-1.3.8 dir:

$ cp -a opensuseextras/* glusterfs-1.3.8
$ tar -czvf gluster-1.3.8.tar.gz glusterfs-1.3.8

I had to edit the glusterfs.spec to let it build correctly on OpenSuSE. I
renamed it to glusterfs-opensuse.spec.

Moreover on the DVD distribution for opensuse there is not fuse-devel package.
I had to get it from the online repositories. I put it in /root/rpm, but you
can place it everywhere.

Then:

$ build --root /storage/sda2/buildroot --rpms /media/dvd/suse:/root/rpm --arch
x86_64 glusterfs-opensuse.spec --release 2

On the above command you should vary option in relation to your architecture
and place where you want to build everything.

In my case, I found complete RPMs in:
/storage/sda2/buildroot/usr/src/packages/RPMS/x86_64/

You can find my glusterfs-opensuse.spec and the extras here:

http://www.agaland.it/share/glusterfs-opensuse.tar.gz

Hope this helps.

Paolo Agazzone               address@hidden    http://blog.agazzone.it/
Linux Reg. User: #205873            Vaprio d'Agogna (NO) - Italy