gluster-devel

Re: [Gluster-devel] building rpm off tla

From: Matt Paine
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] building rpm off tla
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 14:28:49 +1000

matthew zeier wrote:

rpmbuild -ta glusterfs.xxxx.tar.gz --without python

Would this be acceptable?

Probably - only confusing in the sense that I had already run ../configure with that option and didn't expect to have to do anything with python again.

I gave it a crack anyway :)

Before running ./configure, could you dump this spec file into your tree.... http://www.mattsoftware.com/temp/glusterfs/glusterfs.spec.in

Its untested, and the without python switch is experimental (I dont have time to test it out at the minute) but If your willing to be a guinea pig, then your feedback would be appreciated.

If the devs think it to be acceptable, I may be able to pass all the parameters given to ./configure through to the configure command in the spec file - i might need a hand with the .in file though (does anyone know or can hint how to do this?) If its worthwhile doing, then I'll do my best to do that.

Personally I do not think this to be useful, as the spec file generated will be better suited to be generic instead of specific. But thats just my opinion :)

However for the time being my spec file now has three options....

--without ibverbs
--without client
--without python

Any more I should add while I'm at it ????

Matt.