gluster-devel

[Gluster-devel] Missing Switch Scheduler

From: Edward Glen
Subject: [Gluster-devel] Missing Switch Scheduler
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 20:34:52 +0000

I've been trying to use the switch scheduler and keep getting the Transport Endpoint not Connected message.

Looking in the source, I see that the nufa, alu, random, and rr schedulers are there but notably missing is the switch scheduler. Is it located in a separate part of the tree or was it not included in the 1.3.7 release?

Looking through the tla archives I can't seem to find it either.

I had been hoping to replicate certain files across a number of nodes acting as server and client. I know the AFR translator would replicate the files, but would it be as efficient for access as the unify translator with switch?

I'm also looking at NUFA and seeing if that would give us what we're looking for.

-Edward