gluster-devel

Re: [Gluster-devel] Fwd: New Defects reported by Coverity Scan for Glust

From: Vijay Bellur
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Fwd: New Defects reported by Coverity Scan for GlusterFS
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 12:17:53 +0530

On 01/02/2014 09:26 PM, Brian Foster wrote:
On 01/02/2014 06:32 AM, Vijay Bellur wrote:

On 12/31/2013 04:53 PM, Lalatendu Mohanty wrote:
Here is the last Coverity scan report in 2013 for master branch of
GlusterFS. I have tried to cover the whole code base for this Coverity
scan by enabling possible translators. Happy new year Gluster Ants :)

Thanks, Lala and Happy new year to you too! :)

Please find the latest report on new defect(s) introduced to GlusterFS
found with Coverity Scan.

Defect(s) Reported-by: Coverity Scan
Showing 7 of 291 defect(s)

Avati, Brian: All these errors seem to be coming from the imported qemu
code. Do we mark them as false positives as we probably do not intend
fixing them?

That's what I would vote for, or to just skip scanning the imported qemu
code if that is an option..?

Makes sense. There seems to be an option for skipping certain directories and I have added a filter to avoid getting issues reported from contrib/*.

-Vijay