Re: [Gm2] Building GNU M2 with gcc 2.95.3 20010315 (SuSE)

From: john o goyo
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Building GNU M2 with gcc 2.95.3 20010315 (SuSE)
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 19:09:08 -0400

Gaius:

I tried checked out GM2 but I had the same problem so I downloaded the
tarball (slowly as I only have a dial-up connection #6-).  The result
built
without incident but I am confused.

Where are the def'n modules and the libraries installed?

I tried "gcc hello.mod" in the examples sub-directory and was told that
it
could not find M2RTS.* and so on. (Now, I am building and installing
everything
locally so that may be a problem.)

Sincerely,
john

P.S. I am quite glad that you are undertaking such a massive programme.
I used
TopSpeed under OS/2.  I am currently trying XDS and gpm but neither will
run
under anything else but Intel.

Gaius Mulley wrote:

> Hi,
>
> john o goyo <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I am unable to build GNU M2 with gcc 2.95.3 20010315 (SuSE).
> > Gcc builds itself without problems but putting gm2 into the
> > gcc directory yields errors such as the following from configure.
> >
> >       creating gm2/Makefile
> >       mkdir: cannot create directory `gm2/m2/comp/autotest/run/fail': \
> >               No such file or directory
>
> thanks for the report, I upgraded CVS and the module rules have changed.
> I've fixed it now I believe. You should be able to `cvs checkout GM2'
> again and get the autotest directories..
>
> Gaius

No signature, thank you, but you may reply to
john o goyo <address@hidden> without ado.