Re: [Gm2] Re: Solaris GM2 problem

From: john o goyo
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Re: Solaris GM2 problem
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 19:48:26 -0500

Greetings:

Gaius Mulley wrote:
john o goyo <address@hidden> writes:
[...]

Hi John,

thanks for the error report. My guess is that it could be a code
generator bug in the previous stage. FifoQueue is one of the first
compiler modules to be built. Out of interest could you try building
other modules such as:

cd <build-dir>/gcc
make gm2/gm2-compiler-paranoid/SymbolTable.o

Success!

make gm2/gm2-compiler-paranoid/SymbolKey.o
Success!

make gm2/gm2-compiler-paranoid/Lists.o
Success!

make gm2/gm2-compiler-libs/ASCII.o
make gm2/gm2-compiler-libs/FIO.o

"gm2-compiler-libs"?  The distribution has gm2-libs, gm2-libs-boot,
gm2-libs-paranoid, and gm2-libs-iso.  The first two both have these
object modules.

ASCII should be the easiest to compile, in the past I've also seen the
others fail in similar circumstances. Also do you know if the
regression tests fail - in particular the "run" tests?

I shall mail you the results separately (so as not to clog up the list).
In summary:

        # of expected passes            2148
        # of unexpected failures        24

Sincerely,