Re: [Gm2] gm2 installation on Apple

From: Michael H Lambert
Subject: Re: [Gm2] gm2 installation on Apple
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 07:05:14 -0400

Thomas,

I saw the same behavior as you did under 10.3.9 (need to ranlib /tmp/ *.a). This was after reinstalling Xcode 1.5 and the November 2004 gcc updater over the existing installation. I then tried the gm2 build using FSF gcc 3.3.6 with the same results. I think the problem must be with the linker under 10.3.

Gaius: How hard would it be to make your changes to include ranlib conditional on the OS? I would expect it to be a performance hit and would only want to do it when necessary.

Michael