Re: [Gm2] Internal error: assert failed - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (64

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Internal error: assert failed - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (64-bit)
Date: 04 Apr 2008 15:21:27 +0100

"Scott Iverson" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to port one of our applications originally developed using
> the XDS compiler to gm2.
>
> gm2 reports an internal error (assert failed) for this module, which
> I've pared down to the minimum:
>
> http://www.sitexgraphics.com/gm2assert.zip

Hi Scott,

thanks - I've downloaded your archive and will explore the problem.

> Using the Feb 14 tarball on Red Hat 4 (64-bit).
>
> The application uses a few of the ISO libraries including RealMath and
> Strings.  I noticed that source is included for some of those, but
> that there are no corresponding compiled libs similar to pim and ulm.
> What is the recommended method of using the ISO modules?  Just copy
> the source to the project source directory?

At present the ISO libraries are unfinished, but eventually using
the compiler with the -fiso option should be sufficient.

> Also:  any estimate on when extended data types like INT8, CARD16, etc
> might be available in SYSTEM?  Those would be really handy as our
> applications employ those types extensively.

ahh well - I've just implemented INTEGER8, CARDINAL8, 16, 32, 64 and
REAL32, REAL64, REAL96, REAL128 and WORD16, WORD32, WORD64.  Also
implemented are extensive runtime range checking (moderate compile
time checking) and the start of exception handling.  Now I'll be
rebuilding, debugging and checking the changes back into CVS.

Difficult to say when it will stabilise (rough estimate - about a week
I guess) but the code is written..

regards,
Gaius