Re: [Gm2] Hi everyone!

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Hi everyone!
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 12:48:41 +0000

"Antonio Gomez" <address@hidden> writes:

> Good Day!
>
> I wrote this email because i want to know how clear the keyboard buffer.
>
> It's easy to explain:
>
>      If i want a character by keyboard, the user press it and then press
> enter.
>
>      If i want another char, the Read() get the last Enter, and pass to
> another
> sentence, saving Enter as second char.(i don`t like it!)
>
> I know a sentence in C called fflush, it do it, but don't find nothing equal
> Modula 2.
>
> Can you help me?
>
> Thanks!

Hi,

and welcome!  I think the library Keyboard should do what you want.
This exports KeyPressed and Read - the KeyPressed returns TRUE if
the Read will not block - so you can construct a loop to consume
outstanding characters, rather like this:

   WHILE KeyPressed() DO
      Read(ch)
   END ;
   (* at this point all outstanding characters are consumed *)

regards,
Gaius