[Gm2] GM2 coroutines

From: Benjamin Kowarsch
Subject: [Gm2] GM2 coroutines
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 03:05:50 +0900

Hi

Recently I was looking at the status of GM2 again to see if we might be able to use it for embedded work under FreeBSD.

From a paper by Gaius about GM2, it would seem to me that coroutines had been implemented using the pthread library. I presume this was an interim shortcut since of course coroutines are not meant to be preempted.

For what we do, it is of paramount importance to have true coroutines instead of pthreads. Therefore, I am wondering if true coroutines have since been implemented, or if not, whether there are any plans to do so.

thanks
bk

--
Note: Do not send mail to this address, it will not reach me. I use this account only for posting to mailing lists, while reading those lists directly online. Furthermore, any incoming mail not from a subscribed list is filtered out and deleted automatically.