[Gm2] ADR of ADDRESS

From: SiTex Graphics
Subject: [Gm2] ADR of ADDRESS
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 20:15:41 -0500

Hi Gaius,

Attached is a test file illustrating a problem with ADR() applied to a
variable holding an address.  Compile with

gm2 -fiso -o adraddress -fmakeall adraddress.mod

The executable generates an invalid location exception.  ADR appears
to return the contents of the address variable instead of the address
of the variable itself...if that makes sense.

If you're wondering why someone would want to do this, we have an
interface to an external library that expects a string to be passed as
a pointer to a pointer to the string.

More progress:  another of our tools now compiles and some of its
functionality appears to work.  Have to wait for this bug fix to know
if it's all working.

Thanks,
Scott