Re: [Gm2] O/S issues

From: gaius
Subject: Re: [Gm2] O/S issues
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 12:36:42 -0500

john o goyo <address@hidden> writes:

> On 12/01/2010 09:53 AM, address@hidden wrote (in part):
>> Question to all: are there any known major bugs outstanding which
>> would prevent 1.0 from being released?
>
> For Solaris 10/sparc users, there is the issue of incorrect code being
> generated for HIGH() in certain circumstances.  However, I appreciate
> that most users will be running on PCs so this bug should not prevent
> releasing 1.0.

Hi John,

yes true it is a show stopper on Solaris - the HIGH regression tests
you posted passes on x86_64 and x86_32 so I agree it should not
prevent 1.0 from the x86 series.  I'll have a go at trying to
reproduce this on a ppc system (ps3 squeeze), if this fails to
reproduce the same bug then I think 1.0 should be flushed out for the
x86* linux systems

regards,
Gaius