[Gm2] Re: still won't compile and link

From: rob solomon
Subject: [Gm2] Re: still won't compile and link
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 21:06:43 -0500

drrob106<address@hidden>  writes:

Do I need pre or post install

if you have installed binaries then I'd use

make post-install

but you will have had to configure the build directory and probably it
is best to build the compiler as some of the configuration occurs during
the build process.

There are some building instructions here:

http://www.nongnu.org/gm2/building.html

you don't need to perform the

   $ make install

though.

This isn't working for me at all. It seems to me that your instructions assume I know a lot more than I do.

make pre-install or post-install isn't working for me at all. I just get errors saying that the labels don't exist.

Trying to follow the instructions regarding building the compiler, I get to the point where a make file is generated. I then do
  chmod +x Makefile
  ./Makefile

And I get lots of errors that scroll by very quickly. Starting at line 211 I'm getting a lot of messages that say command not found.

I tried going to the examples/ncurses dir and I did
  gm2 -g -flibs=pim-coroutine -fmakeall -I. testwin -lncurses -lpth

That just gives me more, but different errors.
/tmp/ccl11dEf.a-blah-blah-blah-start.o): In function Init: undefined reference to _M2_pth_init /tmp/same-blah-blah-blah): In function finish: undefined reference to _M2_pth_finish.

This just gets better and better.

Lucky for me I don't make my living this way.

I'll keep my day job.