[Gm2] running gm2 on ubuntu-i386

From: jose ramon mazaira
Subject: [Gm2] running gm2 on ubuntu-i386
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 04:44:49 +0100

First of all, I'd like to thank you your effort in building a high
quality, open-source, modula-2 compiler.
I've also installed it and I've been able to run it finally without
problems. Before that, I experienced some trouble that I've solved
successfully, so I hope that my experience can be useful for potential
users. The trouble I had was related to the ranlib library, which is
part of the binutils package. The compiler complained that an library
file (.a) was missing.The only thing I did was to upgrade to the most
recent version of binutils (2.20.51).
I think that a link to Modulipse IDE in your page could be useful for
potential users.
I have an additional question: do you plan to release an open-source
translator from Modula-2 to Oberon or Object Pascal?
Thank you very much.