Re: [Gm2] Fwd: CASE: gm2-4.1.2 of 2011-11-08 bug (or possibly philosophi

From: john o goyo
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Fwd: CASE: gm2-4.1.2 of 2011-11-08 bug (or possibly philosophical difference)
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 15:44:48 -0500

On 13-Nov-11, at 6:45 a, Gaius Mulley wrote:
[...]
Hi Gary,

yes I think this is why I didn't skip the test in gm2 1.0.  But I
concede that in huge legacy code bases it could be painful to add ELSE
to each variant record. As you say it is also easy to disable the check
anyway.

Legacy code is exactly my problem. There are a lot of such cases -- not just with variant records but also incomplete case selections in code.

john