Re: [Gm2] installing gm2

From: gaius
Subject: Re: [Gm2] installing gm2
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 14:24:01 -0500

rob solomon <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm a little confused as to the state of gm2.  I understand that it is
> now based on the current gcc 4.6 tools.
>
> Does this mean that if I add the correct sources, I can install via apt-get?
>
> I've been afraid to do this up until now.

Hi Rob,

yes you should be able to use apt-get, gm2 will be installed out of the
way of the mainstream gcc.  gm2 is still grafted onto 4.1.2 and the
gm2 install will include a gcc-4.1.2 - but it is safely out of the way
of the ubuntu/debian gcc-4.6.  Gm2 explicitly references the 4.1.2 gcc

regards,
Gaius