Re: [Gm2] gm2 success

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] gm2 success
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 17:37:13 +0100

Charles Bradshaw <address@hidden> writes:

> Gaius,
>
> I thought you'd like to know I have a successful compile of gm2 by
> following your instructions and specifying 4.1.2 instead of 4.7.3
>
> There are few fails from dejagnu/runtest so I attach the build-log
>
> My next move is to do some serious testing followed by a build for the
> Raspberry Pi. I see some posts on the subject, but can't believe anybody
> attempts a week long compile.
>
> Any pointers to how to cross compile would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Charles Bradshaw

Hi Charles,

thanks for the build log - yes the 18 failures are expected for 4.1.2.
I don't think 4.1.2 will build natively on the PI, however you might
be able to configure it as a cross compiler for the arm.

There is a 4.1.2 avr cross compiler package - which should give
some hints on the configure parameters - or I could dig them out
if you are interested.

The 4.7.3 based gm2 will build successfully on an Odroid U3 (in about 59
minutes), once I've sorted out the library builds I plan to release an
arm binary via the Odroid - which will hopefully run on the PI.  Other
than that I'll be cross compiling as well for the atmega and arm devices
using the 4.7.3 release

regards,
Gaius