Re: [Gm2] Cygwin compilation time?

From: Christoph Schlegel
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Cygwin compilation time?
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 22:09:20 +0200

On Sun, 18 May 2014 15:42:23 +0200
Matic Kukovec <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi guys.
>
> I'm trying to build the "gcc-4.7.3+gm2-20140421.tar.gz
> <http://floppsie.comp.glam.ac.uk/download/c/gcc-4.7.3+gm2-20140421.tar.gz>"
> snapshot in Cygwin.
> I ran make and it was compiling for at least 5 hours and still wasn't
> finished so i canceled it!
> There were no errors, it was still using one core on my CPU to the maximum.
> My machine is an Intel CoreDuo 3.17GHz, 4GB RAM running Windows Vista
> 64-bit. Cygwin is 32-bit.
> I followed the instructions on the official website for Cygwin.
>
> Anything I am missing?
>
> Matic

Hello Matic,

I am building gm2 on a Intel Core i3 with 2,4 GHz, 4 MB RAM under Windows7
64bit / Cygwin32 every time a new tarball is available. Cygwin takes very long
compared to building it under Debian testing, but no longer than 2 hours.

I have binaries available if you want to play with the latest version:
http://freepages.modula2.org/downl.html

Regards,
Christoph