[Gm2] latest git changes

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Gm2] latest git changes
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 10:48:01 +0000

Hi,

here are the latest git changes:  in summary these changes allow for
more accurate debug info (line numbers).  Also fixed is an important
lvalue bug fix in large sets.  I've introduced another regression
test case to catch this.  Also fixed is a bug in the ISO libraries
(end of line and the number of characters necessary to read ahead has
been reduced by one, which makes for more useful interactive programs).

The debugging info accuracy still needs to be improved (line numbers).
This shouldn't be too difficult and will be addressed now.
I think the following issues need to be fixed before the release (gm2-1.10).

  (i)    get hello world working with the ulm libraries in the
         regression test.
  (ii)   fix line number/debugging.
  (iii)  make sure all examples work.
  (iv)   ensure shared libraries also work.

I have produced a gm2-1.0.9 debian package on floppsie.comp.glam.ac.uk.
This is meant to be a beta gm2-1.10.  gm2-1.0.9 will be rebuilt with
successive minor numbers as we approach gm2-1.10.  Currently I've only
produced the x86_64 version though.  Hope this is useful

regards,
Gaius

    * gm2/gm2-gcc/m2expr.c: (m2expr_BuildForeachWordInSetDoIfExpr)
      add additional
      parameter to m2expr_BuildForeachWordInSetDoIfExpr (is_lvalue).
    * gm2/gm2-gcc/m2treelib.c:  (m2treelib_get_set_value) extra
      parameter,
      is_lvalue, which builds a component ref using an indirect
      value.
    * gm2/gm2-gcc/m2treelib.h:  added new parameter to prototype.
    * gm2/m2pp.c:  (m2pp_bit_ior_expr)  New function.

    * gm2/examples/pge/popWorld.def:  tidied up comment.
    * gm2/examples/pge/popWorld.mod:  tidied up comment.
    * gm2/examples/pge/twoDsim.def:  tidied up comment and moved a
    * type definition
      into the implementation module.
    * gm2/examples/pge/twoDsim.mod:  added type definition.
    * gm2/gm2-compiler/M2GCCDeclare.mod:  (AlignProcedureWithSource)
    * removed procedure.
      (DeclareProcedureToGccWholeProgram),
    * (DeclareProcedureToGccSeparateProgram)
      call GetProcedureBeginEnd to obtain the position of the BEGIN
    * END tokens for
      accurate debugging info.
    * gm2/gm2-compiler/M2GenGCC.mod:  (CodeNewLocalVar) and
    * (CodeKillLocalVar)
      also obtain the position of the BEGIN END tokens for accurate
    * debugging info.
    * gm2/gm2-compiler/M2Quads.mod:  (BuildProcedureBegin) call
    * PutProcedureBegin to
      save the BEGIN location.  (BuildProcedureEnd) call
    * PutProcedureEnd to
      save the END location.
    * gm2/gm2-compiler/SymbolTable.def:  (PutProcedureBegin) define
    * new procedure.
      (PutProcedureEnd) define new procedure.
    * gm2/gm2-compiler/SymbolTable.mod:  (PutProcedureBegin)
    * implement new procedure.
      (PutProcedureEnd) implement new procedure.
    * gm2/gm2-libs-iso/IOChan.mod:  (Look) fix bug to ensure the
    * result is set to the
      result of the look.
    * gm2/gm2-libs-iso/RTfio.def:  changed specification of iseoln
    * to avoid having to
      read ahead an extra character.
    * gm2/gm2-libs-iso/RTfio.mod:  use FIO.WasEOLN rather than
    * FIO.EOLN.
      (checkPostRead) corrected comment.  (setReadResult) changed
    * order of
      if statements (check worst condition first).
    * gm2/gm2-libs-iso/RTgen.mod:  (doLook) restore old result, but
    * return newer
      result in r.
    * gm2/gm2-libs/FIO.def:  (WasEOLN) new procedure function.
    * gm2/gm2-libs/FIO.mod:  (WasEOLN) new procedure function
    * implemented.  Introduced
      new state endofline which is set appropriately.