Re: [Gm2] Build of 04-Nov-2014 tarball of 4.7.3 on Ubuntu 14.04 on x86_6

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Build of 04-Nov-2014 tarball of 4.7.3 on Ubuntu 14.04 on x86_64
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 12:31:03 +0000

JD <address@hidden> writes:

> Gaius,
> This is my result:
>         === gm2 Summary ===
>
> # of expected passes        7771
> # of unexpected failures    1477
> # of unresolved testcases    546
> make: [check-gm2] Error 1 (ignored)
>
> real    17m52.221s
> user    13m47.080s
> sys    3m31.943s
>
> I've included the timings to show off my new Core i5 PC!
>
> As the system is completely new the results are likely to have
> suffered from some installs not being done.  I took the list from the
> gm2 website and added libpth-dev, dejagnu and flex.  Can you think of
> any other ones?
>
> Regards,
> John

Hi John,

if the make ran to completion I'd assume that all required packages were
installed.  The tests require libpth-dev, you could try installing gm2
and setting your path to the installed location and running the dejagnu
tests  (although in theory this shouldn't be necessary - you do seem to
be getting a huge number of failures).

I'm currently working on the shared library linking, and modifying it
to coexist with libtool.

regards,
Gaius