Re: [Gm2] Anyone build successfully on Mac OS X 64-bit, e.g. Yosemite?

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Anyone build successfully on Mac OS X 64-bit, e.g. Yosemite?
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 15:37:47 +0100

Franklin Chen <address@hidden> writes:

> I was looking for up to date instructions on how to build on recent
> Mac OS X, e.g., Yosemite 64-bit, but couldn't find them.
>
> http://www.nongnu.org/gm2/osx.html refers to MacPorts, which I don't
> use (I use Homebrew), and it also refers to the GCC 4.1.2 branch
> rather than the more recent GCC 4.7 branch. What is the current status
> of builds on either for Mac?
>
> Franklin Chen
> personal website/blog: http://FranklinChen.com/
> programming blog: http://ConscientiousProgrammer.com/
> chess instruction blog: http://ChessImprover.com/author/FranklinC/

Hi Franklin,

welcome to the list!  I'm not aware of any report about the success of
gm2 building on Yosemite.  I'm currently working on the Solaris port and
have a macbook pro on which I'm attempting to reinstall snow leopard
(and debian).  Once snow leopard is installed I plan to upgrade to
Yosemite and then I'll have a go at building gm2,

regards,
Gaius