[Gm2] Very slow compilation of GM2

From: Michael Riedl
Subject: [Gm2] Very slow compilation of GM2
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 09:33:32 +0200

Hallo Gaius,

I am compiling the last changes you provided under Ubuntu 12.0.4 / 32
bit on my old Aspire one netbook (1,3 GHz Intel Atom).

The compilation is now running since 02.07.15 - I cannot imagine that
this is quite normal even on a weak machine.

Do you have any advice how I can speed that up ? Remember that is
wasn't quick even on my other laptop which is a bit stronger in CPU
power (up to a day in total). As an illustration I added a screenshot
for the compilation of isns-emit.c which terminated after about 1900
minutes ...

The machine is otherwise well behaved so I hope there is not hardware
defect - but maybe a kernel setting (e.g. shared memory) which causes
the observation. Actually I don't have a clue ...

Regards / Gruß

Michael

PS: If someone in the community has a compiled 32 bit version please
let me know.