[Gm2] GM2 & R10

From: Gour
Subject: [Gm2] GM2 & R10
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 10:02:55 +0200

Hello,

I’ve become interested for Modula-2 (maybe 15 years too late :-) and
just ordered some books to start with it.

There is m2c compiler available, but GM2 seems to be more robust. In any
case GM2 is the reason I’ll go back to Debian (from VoidLinux) in order
not to fiddle with packaging it.

However, one of the main reasons why I’ve become interested for Modula-2
is R10 revision which is work in progress, but after exchanging several
mails with the Benjamin (main developer) I am convinced it’s going to be
very fine language.

Naturally, I’m interested if there is plan to work on adding support to
R10 in GM2?

Lastly, considering I plan to write multi-platform open-source app in
Modula-2 I wonder if there are any bindings available (GTK, wx, Qt…)?

Thank you for your work on the compiler for fine language.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
As the ignorant perform their duties with attachment to results,
the learned may similarly act, but without attachment, for the