Re: [Gm2] Pretty-printing Modula-2 with Gnu Enscript

From: john o goyo
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Pretty-printing Modula-2 with Gnu Enscript
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 19:54:20 -0400

On 26/03/2018 17:35, Carl Glassberg wrote:
Hello Gaius:

There was a discussion about pretty-printing m2 source a while ago and
I personally have had good results in the past with Gnu Enscript. It
has a lot of options including colorizing.
I seem to have misled people when I said "pretty-print". I actually meant a program to reformat Modula-2 code (as indent can do with C code. (A2ps has a good Modula-2 style sheet.)

Sincerely,
john

You can add additional reserved words, etc. and create a custom style
file for Gnu Modula-2.

But I haven't made a custom st (style) file for Gnu Enscript in some
time and my Linux machine is not running currently.

I assume you need Emacs and elisp to run "build-re" to create
regular-expressions
from a list of reserved-words.

But Gnu Enscript I believe now supports Modula-2, so maybe the
built-in Modula-2 support is adequate.

See www DOT markkurossi DOT com for more on Gnu Enscript.

Sincerely
Carl Glassberg