gmediaserver-devel

[gmediaserver-devel] Some problems with gmediaserver 0.90 and SMC-WAA cl

From: Rainer Krienke
Subject: [gmediaserver-devel] Some problems with gmediaserver 0.90 and SMC-WAA client
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 09:51:54 +0100

Hello,

I recently installed gmediaserver 0.90 on my suse linux 10.0 system. My UPNP
client is a SMC-WAA audio device. Basically it does work great with the
gmediaserver. However there are some strange effects I cannot explain.

The first thing is that I have defined several playlists in my mp3-folders. In
the SMC Client I see these playlists and can start playing them. The problem
is that if I select to play a playlist in a random fashion on the SMC client
it plays quite often the very same songs and all songs played are perhaps
only in the first 10-20 songs of the whole playlist. The remaining songs are
never played.

I tried the same with the twonkyvision media server, where this effect does
not happen, so it seems to be something the gmediaserver does or does not do.

A second effect is that navigation in the folder hierarchy does not work good
if the SMC client *is already playing* a song. If I try to go a folder up or
scroll down to another song it takes quite a long time and very ofter I
suddenly find myself in the root folder (showing the UPNP servers name).
Again I tested the same using the twonkyvision server and now the SMC client
does not show any problems navigating through the folders.

Does anyone else have similar problems? Doews anyone know how to solve them?

Thanks
Rainer
Rainer Krienke, Universitaet Koblenz, Rechenzentrum, Raum A022
Universitaetsstrasse 1, 56070 Koblenz, Tel: +49 261287 -1312, Fax: -1001312
Mail: address@hidden, Web: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke
Get my public PGP key: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke/mypgp.html