gmediaserver-devel

[gmediaserver-devel] Hello from a new member and a question

From: Wayne Stallwood
Subject: [gmediaserver-devel] Hello from a new member and a question
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 00:20:38 +0100

Hi, I am trying to get gmediaserver to build on my Ubuntu Media server
to replace Twonkyvision which currently feeds my mp101 and DMS1 players.

However when I try and build from the latest-release linked tgz I get
the following error.

gcc -Wall  -I/usr/include/upnp  -g -O2   -o gmediaserver  connectmgr.o
contentdir.o interface.o logging.o upnp.o webserver.o webclient.o main.o
metadata.o url.o search-lexer.o search-parser.o intutil.o hmap.o tmap.o
strutil.o strbuf.o ../lib/libgnu.a  -L/usr/lib -lupnp
upnp.o: In function `init_upnp':
/home/wayne/gmediaserver-0.11.0/src/upnp.c:521: undefined reference to
`uuid_generate'
/home/wayne/gmediaserver-0.11.0/src/upnp.c:523: undefined reference to
`uuid_unparse_lower'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

At first I thought I needed uuid-dev packages..but then I noticed the
uuid folder that is included with the source...I have tried fiddling
with the include paths to point to either the included copy of uuid.h or
my system copy.

The section before that where the uuid bits are built seems to go pretty
well so I can't understand why the include in upnp.c doesn't seem to be
seeing uuid/uuid.h ?

Any help would be most appreciated, the packaged version on Ubuntu
Dapper is quite old (0.9) and it doesn't seem to be the breezy (what my
music server runs) repository at all, given the changes you have made
since then I would like to be running the most current version.