gmediaserver-devel

Re: [gmediaserver-devel] Problem on FreeBSD

From: Nektarios K. Papadopoulos
Subject: Re: [gmediaserver-devel] Problem on FreeBSD
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:08:19 +0300

Oskar Liljeblad wrote:
On Monday, September 04, 2006 at 16:55, James E. Flemer wrote:
By the way, the FreeBSD libupnp-1.2.1 port that I made does *NOT* install the package config file (libupnp.pc). For that matter it doesn't install a static library (libupnp.a) or the libtool junk (libupnp.la). So, Olaf, you might well have some mix of upnp libraries.

Oskar, which of these two upnp libraries do you develop with:
  (1) http://sourceforge.net/projects/upnp/
or
  (2) http://sourceforge.net/projects/pupnp/

I use version 1.2.1 of (1), and that is what the FreeBSD port I made is for. It looks like since I last worked on GMS, that (1) has forked and created (2).

So far I've been working with the original one, (1). GMediaServer should
support both, and in future releases I will probably test against 'pupnp'
(2) instead.

at pupnp we are trying to remain backward compatible while adding new features, but we are certainly appreciate feedback from projects using libupnp. So please do try out 1.4.1 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/pupnp/ and report any bugs/comments/feature requests at the project's mailing lists/forum/trackers. Patches are also welcome ;-)

FYI since recently, pupnp is exclusively hosted at SourceForge in case you were tracking the old site/forum at virtualworlds.de.

I'd also like to drive your attention on a discussion about licensing future modifications of the library under LGPL[2]. Since this is a community driven effort your opinion/comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for listening.
Nektarios

[1]http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1590611&forum_id=569832

Regards,