gmediaserver-devel

[gmediaserver-devel] Shuffle function using an SMC SMCWAA-G Media Server

From: Lee McLain
Subject: [gmediaserver-devel] Shuffle function using an SMC SMCWAA-G Media Server
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 18:19:55 -0400

Hello,

     I have been using gmediaserver for about a month now and have it shuffling through a directory containing over 1100 songs.  The problem that  have been encountering is that the "random" selection is not very random.  During the course of a 8 hour period I will hear the same songs 2-3 times consistently.  There are hundreds of songs that have never been played and dozens of songs that get played every day.

     Any idea as to what could be causing such behavior?  I contacted SMC, but after mentioning Linux all they heard was "blah, blah, blah" and then said that they don't know what to do.

Thanks,
Lee