gmediaserver-devel

[gmediaserver-devel] Compatibiltiy Report

From: Wayne Stallwood
Subject: [gmediaserver-devel] Compatibiltiy Report
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 10:21:30 +0100

Hi,

I have found gmediaserver 0.12.0 to be 90% compatible with the Logik
IR100 (only available in the UK) but from this it is probably safe to
infer that all Reciva Radio based devices www.reciva.com (they make the
embedded linux wireless radio module that other manufacturers install in
their devices) will also work.

So although I have only tested the IR100 you could probably list at
least the following units as unconfirmed.

Revo Pico http://www.revo.co.uk/store/pico-wifi-radio.php
Acoustic Energy http://www.revo.co.uk/store/pico-wifi-radio.php
BT Internet Radio
https://www.reciva.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=139
Tangent Quattro http://www.tangent-audio.com/00003/00011/00050/
Roberts WM-201
https://www.reciva.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=147

(there are others there is an intempo unit and a bush unit that also use
the same reciva radio module)

and the Logik (Dixions) IR100
https://www.reciva.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=136
can be listed as working confirmed with the following caveat

On all firmware versions, when selecting a top level folder the Radio
will reboot sometimes, it is a rather strange bug because the the first
folder in my collection never causes this, and once playing the reboots
seem less frequent. So I generally just add one of the tracks from the
first folder and then whilst that is playing go and select the tracks I
really want to play.

Also note that technically the Reciva radios should not need a upnp
server as they can also pick up tracks from a SMB/CIFS share however on
the Logik unit at least there is a firmware bug/memory limitation that
restricts you to circa 5000 tracks, any more will cause the initial scan
to fail, using Gmediaserver you do not have this limitation.

PS None of the above currently work with twonkyvision as far as I can
tell (at least not with the last version of twonkyvision I paid for
(v3.1)) so at this point gmediaserver is about the only option for
supporting these radios beyond 5000 tracks on Linux