gmediaserver-devel

[gmediaserver-devel] Kodak Digital Pictureframe crashes as soon as it de

From: Stefan M?rkle
Subject: [gmediaserver-devel] Kodak Digital Pictureframe crashes as soon as it detects gmediaserver
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 21:59:29 +0200

Hi you,

I'm totally new to the topic of upnp but was quite glad to find a gmediaserver
package in my distro (Ubuntu Feisty).
Its a version 0.12.0-1.
I added some startup parameters and my directory to publish in
/etc/default/gmediaserver, where the ubuntu start script takes its arguments
from:

# gmediaserver control (yes means start daemon).
GMEDIASERVERRUN=yes
GMEDIASERVERARGS="-ieth1 --file-types unknown,mp3 --friendly-name=PSSST"
GMEDIASERVERDIR="/data2/share"

But all that happens is that my digital picture frame from kodak (EX 1011
with wifi support) keeps rebooting in 20 second interval, obviously
when detecting the gmediaserver since it doesn't happen when gmediaserver is
stopped.

Needless to say, that the picture frame runs fine with kodak's software for
windows or with the 'windows media connect' upnp server.

Is there a known problem? What can I do to debug the problem?

Stefan