gmediaserver-devel

[gmediaserver-devel] gmediaserver and libmagic.

From: John Greenfelder
Subject: [gmediaserver-devel] gmediaserver and libmagic.
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 15:35:08 -0500

I'm a fairly poor C coder at best, so I won't try to submit anything, but after fighting with GmediaServer on opensuse 10.3 for a few hours, I thought I'd share my discoveries and suggest potential fixes that might possibly be incorporated by someone much better versed in the ways of the 'configure'.

opensuse seems to put it's copy of magic.h in /usr/include/linux and the current incarnation of gmediaserver doesn't seem to like looking there.    I fixed mine with a sym link, but it'd be rather nice if  other appropriate locations we checked by default, I'd think.

also, although it seems so very wrong to me, magic_open doesn't seem to be in -lmagic (in fact -lmagic seems to always throw compiler errors), instead it seems to be in -lrpm; so a few hacks and I came up with these changes:
<pre>
{ echo "$as_me:$LINENO: result: $ac_cv_lib_magic_magic_open" >&5
echo "${ECHO_T}$ac_cv_lib_magic_magic_open" >&6; }
if test $ac_cv_lib_magic_magic_open = yes; then
  LIBMAGIC=-lrpm
</pre>
and
<pre>
else
  ac_check_lib_save_LIBS=$LIBS
LIBS="-lz -lrpm $LIBS"
cat >conftest.$ac_ext <<_ACEOF
/* confdefs.h.  */
_ACEOF
cat confdefs.h >>conftest.$ac_ext
</pre>
(basically change the -lmagic instances to -lrpm in configure)

OK, I guess I lied.   I did send some halfway code bits.  but in my defense, it's all stuff I think I understand.   at least it completed the configure and we'll see if it builds the executable.

--
It's not stupid.   it's advanced.
I'M ADVANCED!!!