gmediaserver-devel

Re: [gmediaserver-devel] patches to make gmediaserver working with my ps

From: vivi
Subject: Re: [gmediaserver-devel] patches to make gmediaserver working with my ps3
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 23:03:33 +0100

Hi Dmitry, I've been working on gmediaserver too, I applied your patches to the repository I set up. Have you been able to get cvs working? Unfortunately I haven't. I've been working on the 0.13.0 version and also use the server for my ps3.

SVN
http://my-svn.assembla.com/svn/vivi/
Trac
http://my-trac.assembla.com/vivi

Regards
Reza

Dmitry Samersoff wrote:
Hi Everybody,

I had some problems compiling and playing *.avi files on my ps3
(server is gmediaserver-0.13.0 on FreeBSD 7.1)

Here is patches that solves these problems.

Patch description:
1. Patch for main.c solves compilation problem in case
   you don't have iconv library.
  (added missed #ifdef HAVE_ICONV brackets)

2. Patch for metadata.c
   I didn't clean up the patch - so please consider it as a rough
   ideas of what I did to make gmediaserver working with ps3.
   Hope someone more familiar with the code could do it better.

 a)  Defaults changed from DLNA.ORG_OP=00 to DLNA.ORG_OP=01
      (required for ps3 to browse content)
 b)  DLNA.ORG_PN for FILE_RIFF_WAVE set to LPCM
 c)  added mapping from x-msvideo to video/divx  - not sure
     I did it right way but it's work
 d) Added #ifdef RESTRICT_FILE_TYPES bracket, may be it's better to
    add command line options.
 e) some changes in debug output

-Dmitry

PS: As far as the project seems to be orphaned for two years - I make a fork with these patches.
See: http://www.beastsoft.net/cgi-bin/hg/hgwebdir.cgi/gmediaserver/