[Gnash-dev] unsafe use of /tmp

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: [Gnash-dev] unsafe use of /tmp
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 14:01:32 +0200

Hello,

It seems that gnash downloads the .swf files in /tmp. This is unsafe and
opens the door for a symlink in /tmp attack. Moreover it allows other user
to monitor a user activity. I believe the .swf should be downloaded in
~/.gnash or similar. Or if downloaded to /tmp it should be done safely
using mkstemp or similar things.

Not a big deal for the cvs version, but if it is distributed widely as it
seems that it is beginning to happen now, I think it should be corrected.

--
Pat