Re: [Gnash-dev] Development plan

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Development plan
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 19:31:26 -0600

Bastiaan Jacques wrote:

If there is a TODO file somewhere, I can't find it :). Perhaps one can be
created?

Some of this is in the manual, and some in the README, but I never checked the TODO in. :-( Here it is: (I'll check it in)

TODO: (not really in order of priorities)

1. Add support for sound and audio using MP3 and FLV at first, but also supporting free formats like OGG, Flac, and Thedora. 2. Write a non-OpenGL backend for embedded devices, probably using Cairo. 3. SWF 8 and greater support. This appears to be mostly adding a few opcodes.
  4. Performance improvements, and reducing the footprint.
  5. Custom ActionScript plugins. (think MySQL support in Flash)
  6. Implement all the missing functionality.
  7. Flesh out the testsuite to be a decent Flash conformance test suites.
  8. Add support for external loading of media.
  9. SVG support ?
  10. Keep improving the plugin.

unimplemented opcodes:
----------------------

case 0x2A:      // throw
case 0x2B:      // cast_object
case 0x2C:      // implements
case 0x31:      // mb length
case 0x35:      // mb substring
case 0x37:      // mb chr
case 0x3A:      // delete
case 0x3B:      // delete2
case 0x43:      // declare object
case 0x45:      // get target
case 0x53:      // new method
case 0x54:      // instance of
case 0x55:      // enumerate object
case 0x69:      // extends
case 0x8F:      // try

Partially implemented classes are: MovieClipLoader, NetConnection,
LocalConnection, MovieClip, TextField, and TextFormat.

Unimplemented classes are: Accessibility, Error, Function, LoadVars,
Microphone, NetStream, Selection, SharedObject, Stage, System, Button,
Camera, Color, ContextMenu, CustomActions, Video.

Unimplemented Opcodes are: Throw, Implements, Extends, EnumObject, Try,
NewMethod, MDLength, MDSubstring, MDChr, Delete, GetTarget.

There is currently no FLV video, only minimal AMF data support,
and no loading of external jpegs.