Re: [Gnash-dev] Fast, high-quality, platform independent software render

From: Tomas Groth
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Fast, high-quality, platform independent software renderer for Gnash
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 15:16:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Udo,

> We switched from DirectFB to AGG (www.antigrain.com). It's an advanced
> graphics engine that is entirely written in pure C++ and works on any
> platform.

<snip>

Antigrain has actually been mentioned as a backend option before, but without
anybody really doing anything, until now! It does seem to be a very nice
renderer, and if the rumors about the speed is true i'm looking forward to see
a  working gnash backend :)

> So far we can render SWFs with lines, splines and such and it looks
> very well. I think shapes will follow very soon.
>
> It would probably be best if Flash splines would be passed as such to
> the backend since AGG can render them already (and better). I guess
> we'll have to wait for the new backend structure.

It sounds like you already got a semi-working backend working, is this correct?
Or have you "just" tested Antigrain with typical SWF output? If you got some
backend-code, it would be great to have it in CVS!

cheers,

Tomas