Re: [Gnash-dev] HAVE_CURL_CURL_H obsolete? (bug #17616 related) [patch]

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] HAVE_CURL_CURL_H obsolete? (bug #17616 related) [patch]
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:18:05 +0200

On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 12:55:39AM +0200, annonygmouse wrote:

> Hi, I've been trying to get
> http://www.garfield.com/comics/comics_todays.html to work.
>
> The problem is that there's a flash file lower_todayscomic.swf where
> four flash files are rendered.
>
> It didn't work because gnash tried to load the flash files:
> ../features/BMFs/lower21.swf
> as relative URL to the PWD of gnash process.
>
> What I've done is to modify ASHandlers.cpp in order to pass
> the ABSOLUTE URL to attach_extern_movie.

Currently we are discussing whether using attach_extern_movie from
within CommonGetUrl is really the correct thing.
My best guess is that it depende on the method value.
It seems that a method=64 might mean just that, see bug
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?17616

> I've also had to comment out some defines that didn't allow
> StreanProvider to make use of CURL.

If you do have libcurl and HAVE_CURL_CURL_H  is not defined that
would be a bug in the curl.m4 file. By forcing call to AC_CHECK_HEADER
always this should get fixed (see gstreamer.m4 for an example).