[Gnash-dev] Re: Getting window.location from plugins

From: Braden McDaniel
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: Getting window.location from plugins
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 14:35:18 -0400

On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 19:02 +0200, strk wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 11:39:38AM -0400, Braden McDaniel wrote:
>
> > Have a look at OpenVRML's Mozilla plug-in. It runs in a separate process
> > as you describe. I do the IPC using glib iochannels and there is
> > basically a mini-language for issuing requests to the Web browser
> > process.
>
> I noticed you use the unix-only version of iochan.
> I tried the new_file version myself but got undefined reference,
> is that a too-new version of io channel ?

Er... Meaning you got a linker error? Either something's missing in your
build setup (i.e., glib), or something's amiss with your installation.
On my system:

        $ nm -D /usr/lib64/libglib-2.0.so | grep g_io_channel_new_file
        0000003a86c4dbd0 T g_io_channel_new_file

I haven't tried to use g_io_channel_new_file. I used
g_io_channel_unix_new because using pipes seemed like the appropriate
way to accomplish what I wanted. While I suppose you could do it by
writing to/reading from a file, I'd expect it to be less efficient and
more trouble.

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <address@hidden>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <address@hidden>