Re: [Gnash-dev] loop playing of various flash files

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] loop playing of various flash files
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 00:57:20 +0100

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 07:31:02PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> > How do you decide when to stop playing a movie ?
> > gprocessor does it after an reaching the end, but some movies
> > might use gotos to never reach the end...
> > Maybe the movie itself should contain a fscommand:exit ?
>
> Yeah but its intended for non interactive flash movies... any idea
> on how to do that?

Every renderer should implement a "dumpToFile()" method probably.
Possibly the GUI itself can act as a proxy by using facilities provided
by the GUI layer. I'm not a gui expert so dunno about details.

Another question is: how do you want to specify which frames to dump ?
Interactively or batch ?

> Okey , lets see if is a bug , how do you use the stdin? , giveme a working
> example please , i used it this way:
>
> ./gnash -
> <<STDIN
> lala.swf
>
> and got sigseg..

This shoudl work:

  $ gnash - < lala.swf

I dunno what <<STDIN is supposed to do, possibly the same thing...
If you get a sigsegv that's a bug.
Does 'gnash lala.swf' work ?