[Gnash-dev] Large movies (was Re: [Gnash-commit] gnash ChangeLog libbase

From: ann
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Large movies (was Re: [Gnash-commit] gnash ChangeLog libbase/gstgnashsrc.c libbase/g...)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 18:09:59 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Tomas Groth wrote:

        * testsuite/movies.all/yapc2006.swf: Removed since it's just too big!

I think we do want some big movies for testing.

However, we may want to consider moving some of the larger movies out of
the standard repository, and hosting them on Lulu, especially as the wiki
states "Lulu TV has offered to host this site for us since once video is
working in Gnash, we expect we'll need plenty of bandwidth for testing."

There are a few problems with this plan at the moment.

1) Our site on Lulu is not yet 'public', so the tests become less available.
2) Mediawiki's file linking isn't cross-browser compatible, or at least it
   wasn't when I checked ~ 4 months ago.  This means that files would need
   to be uploaded outside of the wiki, and therefore only people with
   direct access to the server would be able to add large movies.
3) If files are directly uploaded to the site at Lulu, rather than added
   to the wiki or CVS, they won't be in a repository.

Since the movie in question has already been in the repository, I will
put it on the Lulu-hosted site.  We should probably come up with a good
generic solution, though.

- Ann