Re: [Gnash-dev] Gstreamer based video-decoder

From: NOREPLY
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gstreamer based video-decoder
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 17:50:10 -0500

From: "Martin Guy" <address@hidden>
To: "Patrice Dumas" <address@hidden>, address@hidden
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 17:51:29 +0000
> > ffmpeg video decoding. Choosing "mad" will mean SDL-soundbackend using
libmad
> > and no video decoding.
> > Any thought, comments or ideas?
>
> I think that a system based on plugins should be used, with a default
> set by ./configure and a possibility to override the backends used with
> command line switches. The plugins would then be dlopened.

gstreamer has a plugin framework, including ffmpeg plugins. Would that do?

But yes, I too see the configure's component selection switches
ultimately turning into something that enable the inclusion of various
coexisting interfaces for subsequent runtime selection.

The day Gnash requires GStreamer is the day I stop using it. I've got
that piece of junk hard-masked (explicitly marked as "do not install")
on my system.

--
deitarion/SSokolow
Stephan Sokolow

WARNING: The reply-to address for this message may be invalid. If you
are unsure, please reply using the webmail form at
http://www.ssokolow.com/ContactMe

Please avoid sending me Word, Excel, or PowerPoint attachments. Not only
can they contain viruses, Microsoft works tirelessly to keep the format
closed to competing products. I have no difficulty reading plain text,
PDF, HTML, or OASIS OpenDocument files. (Try OpenOffice.org)
See the appropriate section of http://www.ssokolow.com/UseStandards for more.