Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash over Framebuffer + GPM input

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash over Framebuffer + GPM input
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:33:20 +0100

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 09:19 +0100, R&D4 wrote:
> I'm trying to port gnash over framebuffer, using AGG, for embedded usage
>  (ARM target).
> It works preatty fine for video output :-) but.. I don't have any input
> support!
> In the final release it should support the native touchscreen but, for
> now, I would like to begin by adding a simpler GPM support (which should
> be fine for other systems too :-)
>
> AFAIK I should report mouse movement and buttons click by calling
> notify_mouse_moved() and notify_mouse_clicked() into the loop on
> FBGui::run().

Correct.

> BTW.. I can read data from GPM correctly (clipping the movement on the
> screen and so on..) but I still can't have a response from the SWF script..
> Can anybody tell me which kind of data should I pass to
> notify_mouse_moved()

The current x and y mouse coordinate.

>  and notify_mouse_clicked()

First param: true: mousedown, false: mouseup. So notifying for a mouse
click actually requires to calls to notify_mouse_clicked().

Second param should always be 1. It was originally intended to be
something cleverer.. but the original author never extended it. We'll
want to change that to more symbolic names, in the future, too...

> The coordinates should
> be in pixels on the screen or somehow scaled?

In pixels on the screen, divided by the current scale. (This is missing
from some GUIs currently.) However, is scaling even implemented in the
FB GUI?

Have fun,

Bastiaan