Re: [Gnash-dev] OpenGL Video Scaling

From: Quinn Storm
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] OpenGL Video Scaling
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 18:40:36 -0400

On Monday 04 June 2007 13:39:53 strk wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 08:03:00PM -0400, Quinn Storm wrote:
> > It turns out the reason OpenGL videos aren't being scaled properly is the
> > current OpenGL code doesn't take into account the implicit scale caused
> > by the viewport not matching the movie coordinates, which is fine
> > everywhere except in video drawing b/c video drawing doesn't take into
> > account the projection matrix(I think) since it just uses glDrawPixels.
> > I've provided a patch which properly calculates the values to pass to
> > glPixelZoom, but I am running into an obnoxious bug in my OpenGL
> > implementation here (i915/945GM) where the leftmost few columns have a
> > transparent line through them at the top of each source pixel.
>
> I'm willing to test this, can you tell me how to reproduce the bug
> or point me to the bug item explaining ?
>
> --strk;

The bug should be obvious in any case where a video is scaled (where the
factors aren't 1,-1).  I have a screenshot here too -
http://metascape.afraid.org:13666/~quinn/fdhomestar.jpg

Note that overlapping the video area leads to strange things (the 1/4th
horizontally area where its overlapped is bug-free, it makes sense if you
look at the screencap)