[Gnash-dev] Faster building

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Faster building
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 15:29:11 +0200

Gnash takes extremely long to build, even with relatively simple
configuration:

./configure
  --with-extensions=fileio
  --disable-debugger
  --enable-renderer=agg
  --enable-gui=fb
  --disable-cygnal
  --with-pixelformat=BGRA32
  --enable-fps-debug
  --disable-klash
  --enable-media=none

A full rebuild takes nearly half an hour with a 3000 bogomips CPU...

You see I use a simple GUI, only the AGG renderer with one pixel
format, no media handlers... Can I optimize the configuration to speed
up bulding?

For example, there is
  --enable-shared[=PKGS]  build shared libraries [default=yes]
  --enable-static[=PKGS]  build static libraries [default=yes]

Does this mean that Gnash by default builds both shared *and* static
libraries?

Thanks,
Udo