Re: [Gnash-dev] Nested masks layers question

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Nested masks layers question
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:56:32 +0100

Hello strk,

s> I'm trying to get the hitTest right for layer masks,
s> and have a question.

s> Suppose in a displayList we have 2 layer masks:

s>  mask1: at depth 1 masks up to layer 3
s>  mask2: at depth 2 (masked by mask1) masks up to layer 5
s>  maskee: at depth 4

Hmm, can a mask be masked at all (in the same movieclip, I mean)?
Best thing would be to create a testcase and test with proprietary
player...

s> Would maskee be visible at all ?

My guess is "no", but I think this is a violation of the format since
you can't design something like that in the IDE (statically).

Udo